Saturday, June 1, 2013

Magdi Cristiano Allam ELD supports the decision to expel Mario Borghezio for racist statements


Dear friends I love Italy, I joined as Chairman of our political movement, the proposal made by Nigel Farage, co-chair ELD (Europe of Freedom and Democracy), the Group within the European Parliament in which they are Vice-President, to expel dall'Eld Mario Borghezio for having made a statement with racist connotation.

My choice was made after having consulted with Francesco Speroni, co-ELD President and member of the Northern League, the political group to which it belongs Borghezio.

This is the letter I received yesterday morning from Farage:

"Dear Colleague,

Of course, remember that at the last meeting of the group held in Strasbourg, it was decided unanimously to consider the issue of the exclusion of Hon. Mario Borghezio from the group due to a series of his considerations which are deemed unacceptable and racist.

Remember also that, at the specific request of Hon. Borghezio itself, this topic was deferred to the next meeting of the group in June in Strasbourg

Many of us believed that the measure was now full, but we could reasonably expect that in the meantime the Hon. Borghezio would have refrained from repeating his behavior.

It is therefore with great regret that I must inform you that, as a result of these facts, the Hon. Borghezio has released another interview, however, the content is totally unacceptable.

I am enclosing a copy of this interview published in Panorama May 30, 2013.

I highlighted the parts of more concern, though, as a whole, the interview is completely intolerable.

With his conduct, Hon. Borghezio forced us to abandon the line decided at their meeting in Strasbourg.

So, we can not endure further damage that is causing both party and individual as deputies, continuing to be associated, in any form, to him.

Considering the above, and considering the urgency of the matter, I am writing in my capacity as both co-president of colleague, and I ask you to send me any of your possible objections to convert the suspension of Hon. Borghezio in his permanent exclusion from the EFD Group within Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 12:00.

Thank you for your attention and I extend cordial greetings.

Nigel Farage "

READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment